- 1 lb. of blanched or raw lobster meat (substitute frozen lobster meat)
- 5 cups of cooked Cavatappi Pasta
- 2 1/2 cups Milk
- 1 cup Fontina Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone Cheese
- 3 tbsp. brandy
- 1 whole shallot finely chopped
- 2 whole cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 whole dry bay leaf
- fresh ground cayenne pepper to taste
- to taste sea salt
- to taste black pepper
Optional Crust Toppings:
- Crushed croutons, or make your own from leftover bread.
- Panko crumbs for a crunchy topping.
- Italian Bread crumbs is another option
- Crush up Ritz Crackers for an extra buttery topping.
Option for Bacon Lovers:
- Crumble cooked bacon and mix in with your mac and cheese.
Pasta pot, Tongs, Chefs knife, Cutting board, Colander, Measuring cup, Whisk, Fine Strainer, Sauce Pan, Box grater.
Instructions for How to Make Lobster Mac and Cheese
Makes about 6-8 portions
- Bring salted water to a boil. Cook pasta a 2-3 minutes less than what the directions state (before al dente). Use tongs to agitate the pasta a couple times to prevent sticking.
- Pour pasta into colander and shock with cold water until cool. Drain and set aside.
- Bring milk, bay leaf and garlic to a gentle simmer.
- Remove from pan and allow flavors to infuse for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add shallots. Saute until shallots are translucent and the sauce has thickened.
- Incorporate flour with a whisk. Cook at low temperature until flour is golden in color. Add brandy.
- Slowly whisk milk into flour mixture until fully incorporated.
- Cook for 10-15 minutes on low heat, whisking often, until sauce has thickened.
- Add cayenne and black pepper (Note: wait until the end to add salt, lobster will add lots of flavor).
- Add lobster and cook in sauce until lobster is close to desired texture.
- Finally add cheese and then add the cooked pasta and stir to combine.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Butter an oven safe baking dish or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pour mac n’ cheese into dish and top with your favorite crumb topping. (At this time you can cover your dish and refrigerate for 1-2 days and bake later.)
- Add your mac n’ cheese to a buttered baking dish. Bake uncovered at 375 for about 20 minutes or until bubbly and the top is toasted.
- Cool for 10 minutes before digging in!
View Harbor Farm's Line of Gorgeous Fresh Christmas Wreaths